Voices of Hope & Healing
for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant
Traits of a Warrior!
by Ed Schmotzer
- Concentrates on the Course of Action – Focused – No Distractions – Adrenaline Flows – Doesn't let up for even One Second – Never looks back; Only Forward – Bound Emotionally and Intellectually to the Battle – Intense Self Discipline to Prepare and Execute the Course of Action – Knows what has to be done.
- Knows the Enemy – Studies the Enemy – How the Enemy will Attack – The Enemy's Strengths and Where the Enemy is Vulnerable – How to Counter the Blows the Enemy will Inevitably Throw – Knows the Battle will Not Be Easy; the Warrior may even Get Hurt.
- Trains for the Fight – Gets Ready for Combat – Mentally and Physically – A Lean, Mean, Fighting Machine – The Best Conditioned will have the Stamina for the Battle.
- Knows Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt that He/She is Going to Survive – He KNOWS He is Going to be Victorious – She has Total Confidence – There is No Hesitation when It's Time to Fight – Odds and Statistics are Irrelevant – He has Implicit Trust in His Leader. A Good Warrior is a Very Poor Loser. She Hates to Lose at Anything. "Winning isn't Everything; It's the Only Thing!"
- No One Can Fight His Fight for Him – That would be Someone Else's Fight – He has Support Beside Him and Behind Him, but Ultimately, It's His Fight! It's Difficult, if not Impossible, to Fight while Running Away. You have to Fight "Head On".
- If She Gets Knocked Down, She Gets Right Back Up and Into the Fight – She Takes Setbacks in Stride.
- He Doesn't Hold Anything Back when the Fight is On – Every Ounce of His Strength is poured into The Attack – There is No Event, Occasion, or Happening More Important than This.
- They are Proud To Be Warriors – They Wear the Scars of Battle With Pride – They Hold the Banner of Victory High!
So, DIG IN YOUR HEELS! YOU ARE IN A BATTLE!
Be A Warrior!
Back to Voices Main page